If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, August 18, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - August 18, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
August 18, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, August 18:

Birthday note: Dad, Buss

Really sleepy. Slept till 8:00. Gave Billy his bath, did dishes, seperatar, Pete fixed mower tongue & mowed the road. Ate dinner, read paper, did dishes, fed Billy. Pete picked cucumbers & I  picked tomatoes with him. Fixed a batch of sweet pickles, bread & butters & tomato preserves. Folks came out while we were eating. They were going to Rasmuses after Buzzy. I went in town in pm. Got Bussy's present - 2 rolls of music. Up home a minute. Tired at nite. Wrote in books & went to bed.

My comments:

Mom… you really amaze me… Buss, Buzzy, Bussy… in the same writing…!!

Dad got the road mowed, finally. Neat…

Cucumbers and pickles, sweet and bread & butter… YUM!



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment