Wednesday, April 17, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - April 17, 1938


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - April 17, 1938
 
This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.
 

Here is the daily entry for Sunday, April 17:

 Up at 6:30. Pete raked the south side of the yard. I cleaned the house. Waxed my kitchen floor. At nite Pete went to Soil Conservation Meeting & I stayed at Max & Orrion's until 12:00. Home at 1:30.

My comments: Very interesting Sunday activities. Nice day, obviously, but no farm work.
Interesting that Soil Conservation meeting was on Sunday night, as well. He was already active… that fits well. Followed by social time with his sister, Max, at their house, a mile or so north, I think.

I'll bet, somewhere during the day, they had some left over apple pie, from yesterday. ;-)


I sure would have had some! ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment