Thursday, November 6, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - November 6, 1939



75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - November 6, 1939 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Monday, November 6:

Men moved crib, picker, elevator down here. Had chicken, noodles for dinner. Billy & I went to town in pm. Home at 5:30. Boys fixing the picker. Did chores, went to bed early.

My comments:

Picking always a critical time on the farm!

This is a few years later, but they still looked the same!

Corn pickers!


NOTE to readers: This will be the last daily entry from Eileen's diaries. We got through my birth, Pop's death, and electricity in the house.
It is time to move on to other things. Continue to follow my Facebook page, and, if and when, I use other diary entries, as part of more family stories, they will be shared there.
Thanks for the being a part of the journey.

Bill  ;-)

Families are forever! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed all your posts. I look forward to reading the rest of the diaries someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading them....hope to see more later!

    ReplyDelete